Very slow import of documents, almost stalled

Hello

In my company we have been using Prismic since a year or more. Sometimes we need to backup some documents, do some modifications and then import them again.
To do so, first we delete the documents (so we don't have them twice) and then we import the new documents in batches of 200. We do usually 4 zips, so around 800 documents.
Until now Prismic was doing this task quite well, handling the 200 doc import in around 5 min or even less.
Last December we did again the same and it took more than 40 minutes to import just 200 documents. We don't understand why we have this decrease in speed as we delete the documents to remplace so our Prismic database should not increasing in size.
Even worse, we just add now 1 document to keep doing tests, and it's been 15 min that is still in checking status.
Could someone from the support team contact us to fix this issue ?
Thank you

2 Likes

Hello @javier.tresaco

Welcome to the Prismic community and thanks for reaching out to us.

There are some limitations of the import tool. Please find these in our Import/Export guide: Import/Export - Documentation - Prismic.

Still, I can check it for you. I need the following:

1. Prismic repository Url.
  2. Zip file you are importing.

Thanks,
Priyanka

1 Like

Just wanted to add: Our team just started to explore the use of the Import Tool for automating some of our content management and we were surprised to see that it would take 15-60 minutes to "check" a small sample JSON (0.5kb).

I am glad to hear it isn't (or wasn't) normal!

Hello @javier.tresaco @michael.nguyen

I have tested it and can reproduce the issue. I will report the issue to my dedicated team and will return to you asap.

Thanks,
Priyanka

1 Like

Hello @michael.nguyen

My team unblocked the situation, and the Import/Export should work as expected.
Let us know if you find any trouble while Importing the documents.

Thanks,
Priyanka

1 Like

@Priyanka Thank you so much! It's working much faster now. This is very helpful for our team, much appreciated.

1 Like

Hello @Priyanka. I'm currently having this same issue as originally posted on this thread. I'm trying to import a small sample JSON with images, and it's taking about 15-1 hour. I'm wondering if there have been any updates recently that could be causing this? Thanks!

Hello @karsyn.ansari

Welcome to the Prismic community, and thanks for reaching out to us.

Are you still facing the issue? If so, I can check it for you. I need the following:

1. Prismic repository Url.
  2. Zip file you are importing.

Thanks,
Priyanka

Hello! My repo also suffers from this issue. Can I please get some help as well?

Hello @nicolae

I have checked with my repository, and Import works well for me. I can make a test for you if you share Prismic repository Url and zip file you are importing with me. You can share through a private message.

Thanks,
Priyanka

Hello, my team is having the same issue, would you mind please helping us? - This is very slow.

Hi there,

Our importing process is taking too long. Could someone help us here?

We are aware of all the importing rules, and also about the documentation about it, but seems it's an internal bandwidth issue inside Prismic.

Hello @kenneth.brenes

I could not respond to you because I was out of the office the last few weeks and will be off in the coming weeks in August.

Are you still getting the issue with Import slow?

Thanks,
Priyanka