Webhooks - inlcude payload

Hi all,

Will there be support for including payloads when triggering webhooks from prismic?

It would be nice to have that option so we could, for example, trigger github action directly from prismic and include an event type within the payload as well. Right now, we need to introduce man in the middle to include the payload.

Best regards,
Predrag

1 Like

Hi Pedrag,

Welcome to the community!

This is not something that's possible at the moment. Although we have just introduced custom headers for webhooks, would that be enough?

What exactly would your use case be for passing a payload to Github actions, would it be a case of specifying a release or a published document?

Thanks.

Hi Phil,

Thank you for the reply and nice words.

I wanted to trigger GitHub Action directly from prismic. The headers support is not enough, since i would need to pass event type data within payload as GitHub api expects it.

Luckilly, i found different solution. Anyway, it would be nice to have payload support in Prismic webhooks as well.

Best regards,
Predrag

2 Likes

No problem, I've logged it as a feature request for the product team to consider in the future.

1 Like

This is being tracked as an open feature request.

If you have another use-case for this feature, you can 'Flag' this topic to reopen. Please use the :heart: button to show your support for the feature and check out our Feature Request Guidelines.