Bulk update words across pages

Hi,
We have been using Prismic for a while and this tool is working great for us.
As we are adding lots of new pages, there is one issue we are constantly running into. Which is, there seems to be no way to bulk-update text content across pages.
For example, if we want to update a word across our pages, we need to go through 100+ pages manually to change it, and there is no bulk-save option either. This process becomes quite time-consuming.
Since the search option works, one possible solution would be to at least allow "Search and Replace" which would significantly speed up the workflow. Also, bulk-save feature would be nice.
Thank you.

Hello @prismic30 ,

Firstly, i am so happy to hear that you’ve been finding Prismic useful for your projects. Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback and experience with us.

I understand the challenge that arises from the need to update text content across multiple pages, especially as the scale of content grows. While i cannot provide a definitive timeline for a fix, your suggestion for a "Search and Replace" function, makes a lot of sense and have been sent to the appropriate team. They'll review this and prioritize this over other items on the backlog.

In the meantime, i would recommend to have a look at our Import / Export feature or our Migration API (in beta) to perform bulk changes in those documents. I hope you'll find this workaround helpful and that you'll be able to streamline your process with this

Cheers,
Renaud

1 Like

I would like to add to this conversation.

This is a real live example:

• You have a content type called Article with a select list called categories.
  • You would like to change the category of multiple different articles into the same category.

I would love to be able to do that as a bulk action.

• Select the content I want to change (it obviously needs to have the same content type).
  • Make a bulk change for the field/s I want to update.
  • Save.
  • Preferably this would work across locales.

Hi @leopold , thanks for raising this again. However, I don't think this is something we'll tackle in the short-term. Currently, the Page Builder team is working on improving the media library and then we'll be working on the new search and our Team Spaces feature. I'll update this thread if there are any updates on this.

Best,
Guy

1 Like