Prismic preview cookie

I tested my site in pagespeed.web.dev and saw that prismic sets cookies. I read the thread

But it seems strange that the pagespeed tool is able to find those cookies aswell`?
Is there a way to remove those?

Regards
/Victor

Hello @victorthevictoriousv !

Would you be willing to try something to see if this issue persists?

In your browser, use a guest window (it will be cookie free). Run a lighthouse test in the guest window. Can you then confirm if the preview cookies get set there and in such large quanitity?

-Neil

1 Like

Yeah it did and also get an error,

"devDependencies": {
    "@hypernym/nuxt-gsap": "2.4.2",
    "@nuxt/image": "^1.0.0-rc.3",
    "@nuxtjs/apollo": "^5.0.0-alpha.7",
    "@nuxtjs/netlify-files": "1.2.0",
    "@nuxtjs/prismic": "3.0.3",
    "@nuxtjs/tailwindcss": "6.8.0",
    "@slicemachine/adapter-nuxt": "^0.3.25",
    "@studio-freight/lenis": "1.0.27",
    "nuxt": "^3.7.4",
    "nuxt-simple-sitemap": "^2.6.1",
    "slice-machine-ui": "^1.20.0",
    "vite-svg-loader": "^4.0.0"
  },
  "dependencies": {
    "consola": "^3.0.1",
    "gsap": "^3.12.2",
    "headroom.js": "^0.12.0",
    "nuxt-font-loader": "^2.3.1"
  },

This might be a very silly question, but I’ll ask anyway.

Are you running the lighthouse test when you’re in dev or are you making a production build and then testing?

No its production and i tried like incognito and everything so they should not be there.

And i think when i try on pagespeed.dev.web it dont use my browser

You are correct I missed that part of your initial post where you were using page speed. I will give this a shot as well with my sites to see if I get the same same result, using the page speed tester

Nice let me know how it goes :D

Likewise :slightly_frowning_face: :

And if I test locally from a browser lighthouse I don't get the same score or cookie count, but I do get:

Would be nice to find a solution to this do you know how to get in contact with someone who can look into the matter futher ?

Hi Victor,

Can you give me your website URL so I can test this on my side?

You can try with this one https://jazzenoland.se/

I can see what you're talking about. I'll keep investigating and get back to you.

1 Like

Thank you! @Phil

So it looks like maybe a bug in the toolbar which builds the preview sessions. I've reported it to the team as a bug which you can track here:

For the moment if you don't want these cookies you'll have to disable previews in your project.