XML style information issue when hyperlinking pdf in new builder

A client has been having issues when hyperlinking to a media library stored .pdf file in the new page builder.
When after publishing trying to open the page, it throws this error

This XML file does not appear to have any style information associated with it. The document tree is shown below.

<Error>
<Code>AccessDenied</Code>
<Message>Access Denied</Message>
<RequestId>B5B66MTANJC283DC</RequestId>
<HostId>HYLEmhH8AQVAFKCz1aSAT79gjmL+DlB9OjqsfVo43Ay0PE+qpI4vZDo06TmNk1PXRPXW4ah3S6Q=</HostId>
</Error>

If built in the legacy builder it works fine.
Any idea what might be happening?

Hi @prismic5 , thanks for raising this issue. One of our team is going to investigate and I'll post an update once I have more information for you.

Best,
Guy

1 Like

Hi @prismic5 , the team has been investigating the issue and has been unable to replicate it. If you don't mind, could you please share with me the name of your repo and the PDF you were having issues with?

Best.
Guy

Hi @prismic5 @guy.proops, i had the same problem and in my case the issue was that the filename includes a dot somewhere.

For example, the files "report-12.12.22.pdf" or "report-1.1-an.pdf" will trigger the "access denied" error, if you remove the dots then the file opens correctly.

I hope this information helps in investigating the issue further.

Hi @john-mantas , thanks for the additional info. I will add it to the bug ticket and will provide an update here once it has been fixed.