Folders for Media

It would be really useful to be able to organise the image assets we use on the sites we are building. Some are very image-heavy and we rely on naming convention to be able to sort through everything.

Would you consider setting up 'folders' to group elements?

50 Likes

@features-team Request

4 Likes

This is a highly relevant and much needed feature. I wonder why Prismic is avoiding developing this feature. Any particular reason?

5 Likes

Hi Shyamal,

We have been considering this for a while now, and it is currently being tracked as an open feature request. However, it is not something in our current roadmap.

This is not a case of avoiding developing a feature. As any company developing a product must, we have to prioritize developing certain features over others. We would love to implement folders and improve the media library all around as soon as we can. We have many improvements planned for the dashboard and Writing Room, and hopefully work we have been doing in our codebase will allow us to do this at greater speed.

I understand the use-case for having folders; also, search through large numbers of documents can be frustrating and time-consuming. One workaround to group documents is to use the 'Private Notes' feature as described here:

These act as 'Tags' almost and make use of the search function more efficient so that finding media becomes easier.

If/when the team has any more information on this subject, they let everyone know here :slight_smile:

Thanks.

3 Likes

Re-opened for new use case.

Hi @kristian1,

I've added your use case for this here. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

This is being tracked as an open feature request.

If you have another use-case for this feature, you can 'Flag' this topic to reopen. Please use the :heart: button to show your support for the feature and check out our Feature Request Guidelines.

Are there any updates on this topic?
I believe that a way to structure the content in the media library is a much needed core feature and would improve the content editing and also the dev experience by far...

Thank you very much for a small feedback after those 2.5 years of silence in this thread. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Hello @andre.lergier,

Thanks for supporting this feature :slightly_smiling_face:.

We don't have any current updates about this and are tracking this feature. We'll let everyone know if/when we ever do.

You can always closely monitor what's new on our progress page. Here you can see everything we are constantly working on:

Thanks,
Racheal.

1 Like