Rich Text field - Nested Lists

Feature Idea:
I would love it if the Rich Text fields in Prismic supported multiple levels of indentation.

For example:

• Here is a parent item
    • Here is a child item
      • Here is a grandchild item

One of the following three behaviors would be necessary:

• Allow for indenting with tabs or spaces
  • Add buttons for indent/outdent like what Google Docs has
  • Add a markdown toggle for the rich text fields (similar to NetlifyCMS or Strapi)

There is no button to indent and I cannot find any keyboard combination that will allow it. Surprisingly I can't find any mention of this lack of functionality on this forum or elsewhere on the internet.

Issue that it solves:
Nested lists are a requirement for me, and having to use slices for this is not acceptable. There are several cases where I have a Rich Text field inside of a repeatable group within a slice, so there is no option other than breaking it into a separate Custom Type with a Content Relation. Again, this is not acceptable. I can deal with no native table support, but this one is essentially a blocker for my team to uptake the Prismic product.

Hello Alex, welcome to the community!!

This would be a really cool thing to have in the editor. I'm going to add it as an open feature request and if/when we have news about this feature being taken care of, we'll inform it here.

Right now there are two workarounds you could try:

1. You could use Markdown syntax. This of course would be a hacky option, but it's an alternative if you have a small list.

2. Use the Rich Text labels. You can create labels for multiple levels of indentation (e.g. "list-level-1", "list-level-2", etc.). This will apply a CSS class, which you can then use to give different amounts of margin. This could at least give you the appearance of nested lists. This option won't generate semantic HTML so It'll be only for UI porpuses in the writing room.

This is being tracked as an open feature request.

If you have another use-case for this feature, you can 'Flag' this topic to reopen. Please use the :heart: button to show your support for the feature and check out our Feature Request Guidelines.